May Public Gathering: Owens Creek Restoration Project Tour
Tuesday, May 28, 5:30 p.m.
Deck Family Farm
High Pass Rd west of Junction City
“Improving stream habitat on an active farm in the Bear Creek basin”
Speakers & Topics
John Deck, landowner
- Landowner’s goals and approach to project
- How improving stream habitat coexists with the goals of a working farm
Pat McDowell, geomorphologist at UO
- How land and stream dynamics work and what this project does
Jed Kaul, LTWC fish biologist
- Why the Bear Creek Basin is important for cutthroat trout
- How the project improved migration for native fish and other species
Deck Family Farm is at 25362 High Pass Rd, 3.1 miles west of High Pass Rd’s intersection with Territorial Hwy.
Free, and open to everyone.
Call Rob, 541-338-7060 or email@example.com for more info.